15603 County Road 85, Capay, CA 95627
· Take State Highway 16 (CA-16) for about 2.76 miles.
· Turn right onto Yolo Ave/CA-16 for about .46 miles.
· Turn left onto Woodland Ave/CA-16. Continue to follow CA-16 for about 6.5 miles
· Turn right onto County Road 85, proceed to park entrance on the right.
Capay Open Space Park is located off of County Road 85, just north of the town of Capay and approximately one-mile northwest of Esparto.
The 41-acre park was donated to the County in 2004 by Granite Construction, and provides direct access to lower Cache Creek. The park contains over two miles of walking trails, a paved parking lot, three shade structures, interpretive panels, picnic tables, restrooms, an ADA access ramp to the creek, and plenty of benches.
Capay Open Space Park contains four major habitat types: bottomland floodplain, riparian woodland, riparian scrub, and oak savanna grassland. A park host resides on the property.
For more information click on these sites:
Parks RX America: https://parkrxamerica.org/11748/capay-open-space-park
Virtual Tour of Capay Open Space Park: https://cachecreekconservancy.org/capay-open-space-park
1. Photo in front of any kiosk panel. Kiosk is at the west end of the parking lot.
Photo in front of Capay Open Space Park sign inside the park.
2. Photo in front of the large oak tree at the end of the main trail of the park.
See below for photo examples.